Answered

Can't hook up wired speaker to fire Toshiba "smart" tv. lol

• 6 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Help, I can’t hook up my “SMART” Toshiba tv (no bluetooth) to this Sonos Beam.   

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 June 2021, 20:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

What model is your TV? Is it equipped with HDMI ARC? If so, enable REGZA-Link (CEC) on your TV and run the TV Setup process in the Sonos app. Connect the Beam to the HDMI ARC port on the TV when the app instructs you to.

If your TV is not equipped with HDMI ARC, use the included optical adapter and connect the Beam to the TV’s optical port.

I have the Toshiba firetv edition.  What is the Regza-link and what does cec mean?

Userlevel 7

CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) technology allows you to control compatible devices from the TV remote control via HDMI. The setting may just be called HDMI CEC Control rather than REGZA-Link. It needs to be enabled if you are connecting the Beam to the HDMI ARC port.

The tv only has HDMI ARC.   No CEC or REGZA LONK.  Bummer. 

Userlevel 7

Have you looked in your TV settings for a CEC setting?

In the TV’s menu, try looking under “Options”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The tv only has HDMI ARC.   No CEC or REGZA LONK.  Bummer. 

A TV cannot support ARC without CEC. Please, post an actual model number so we can more easily help.