BRICKED SONOS MOVE, Random Red Blinking Light of Death

• 25 October 2020
  • 4 replies

My 3 month old Sonos Move just got the Red-Blinking-Light on me out of nowhere.  Literally was working fine the day prior.

Charging Dock - nothing.  Reset - nothing.  Holding down reset button for 1-minute, nothing.

The blinking light lasted for a few hours then now the device is completely bricked.  Won’t charge via dock, high-voltage Macbook Pro USB-C, anything.

Anyone know what to do?  Other than submit a diagnostic.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Badge

I have the exact same problem. Reading the forums here it seems this is a recurring problem from since the Move was launched, and Sonos has never been able to fix it. There are literally hundreds of posts about this same problem and all Sonos can say is call the Tech Support line. How about solving the problem and updating the firmware so this doesn’t happen in the first place?  

Imagine the thousands of hours wasted of users patiently holding down those damn buttons.

I feel so sorry for the support staff working for Sonos. Your company needs better hardware and network engineers.  

I bought my Sonos Move together with four other Sonos One speakers. 

I’m really regretting committing to this platform now. I’m going to tell everyone I know never to buy Sonos. 

@Silvertrek, what’s the fuss about. The Move is under warranty, go and call Sonos Support for a replacement.

Badge

@Smilja I probably wasn’t too clear why I’m so frustrated...my Move worked perfectly for a week. Then I took it with me on a trip and so I was in a two-week quarantine in a foreign country with a bricked device that worked for one day before the red light of death. So it’s not easy to just call tech support and get it replaced.

However, the good news is, I let the battery drain completely, and now it’s started up and working again.