Answered

Beam, won’t connect after moving to bedroom

• 3 November 2021
  • 2 replies

I recently got a new play bar and move my beam to my bedroom TV. At first we connect and play music but would not connect to the TV. Now I can’t even get it to connect to the app. Solid white light on top.  Never gets to orange/white or green.

Diagnostic confirmation 175169223.

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 3 November 2021, 13:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Just in case you didn’t do this….

Hopefully, you removed the Beam and any bonded speakers (i.e. surrounds and/or sub) via the Sonos app from the room in which you set up your new Playbar before moving it to the bedroom.  

Once removed the Beam and any other associated speakers show as unused in the Sonos app allowing you to start the setup process again (starting with the Beam).

If you didn’t do the above you’ll have to factory reset the speakers. If you did do the above then there is something else afoot. I’d look at my network first.

Submitting the diagnostic was a good idea. You may want to call Sonos tech support vs waiting for a community moderator to see your post.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@MemphisT From what I can see, the Beam and Playbar are both showing up normally in that diagnostic report. I’d second what @AjTrek1 is saying about this maybe being a network issue. A router reboot will solve a surprising amount of problems, even when it doesn’t seem like it should; if you haven’t tried that already, I would definitely recommend it. If that doesn’t fix things, I would recommend giving a call in so someone can help you dig deeper.