Answered

Beam will not complete surround to Play 1 speakers

• 2 January 2021
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I connected a new Beam to my system. When I try to get it to connect with my 2 existing play 1 for surround it says that play one speakers cannot be found

icon

Best answer by GTC 3 January 2021, 00:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I connected a new Beam to my system. When I try to get it to connect with my 2 existing play 1 for surround it says that play one speakers cannot be found

See if a reboot of both the router and maybe the players fixes it, I’m also assuming you are not trying to bond together a (newer) ‘Sonos One’ and the older (original) Play:1 as that ‘different’ configuration is not officially supported.

Thank you for your response. I am trying to configure 2  Pay1s (2018) and a new Beam. I will try to reboot the router,

I figured it out, I had to remove stereo pairing from the play ones. Now working well. Funny it is not mentioned anywhere I searched. Oh well problem solved

I figured it out, I had to remove stereo pairing from the play ones. Now working well. Funny it is not mentioned anywhere I searched. Oh well problem solved

Ah yes, the speakers have to be standalone, not stereo paired prior to bonding. Glad you managed to sort it. 👍