Answered

Beam is connected with Alexa but will not play music independently

• 4 April 2021
  • 3 replies

My new Sonos beam works well with the TV as sound bar and is also connected to my Alexa app. The Beam will respond to Alexa commands but will not play music independently. Alexa app has Amazon and Pandora music apps enabled. I understand that it is not configured to play on the Alexa "everywhere" group but it should still play music by itself. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 4 April 2021, 17:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you confirm that you have enabled the Sonos skill within the Alexa App?

Thank you for responding. Yes; I disabled the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, then re-enabled it and it solved the problem. I am having another issue with lip sync.  When using the TV speakers for sound the lip sync matches the sound. When connected to the Beam it is off. The TV dialog sync in the sonos app is set to “0” and increasing it makes it worse. There is no TV lip sync adjustment with external speakers connected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This will be a TV issue, as 0 within the Sonos is zero delay.  For obvious reasons, you can’t have a positive number in Sonos as that would mean it outputs it before receiving the signal! :)