Answered

Audio won't continue on my Sonos One

• 27 January 2022
  • 4 replies

So a bit of context here, I’ve got two young children and we play them white noise on our Sonos to help them sleep. One of them has a Play:1, the other has a Sonos One (Gen 2).

When we stop the audio using the button on top of the Play:1, we can just press play again and it continues. 

When we try and do the same on the Sonos One, it doesn’t have the track in the queue and we have to go through the app to select the audio again and get it playing, which can be a problem for babysitters or sometimes my technophobe wife! 

Both are playing the same track, which is hosted on my NAS and is on repeat and crossfade.

I have been through the settings on both and can't find anything obvious. There is no issue with playing the track, just the Sonos One clears the queue when stopped.

I should also say I have a Play:3 as well which works the same as the Play:1, no issue there.

Thanks in advance everyone! 

icon

Best answer by John B 27 January 2022, 13:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I don’t have a One but the behaviour should be the same.  You need to make sure it is just a brief tap.  A slightly longer press might be interpreted as a group/ungroup command.

Just a brief tap. If it’s within a few minutes of pausing, it’ll resume. If we stop it in the morning and don't use it again until the evening, it loses it’s queue whereas the Play:1 won’t.

The only other possibility I can think of is that the connection of the One is not as stable and it is losing contact with the source somehow.  You might try swapping the locations of the two speakers experimentally to see if some local interference is to blame (baby monitor?).

That’s not a bad idea, I'll give that a go!