Answered

Apple TV - no audio after resuming playback.

• 29 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

I’m using 2x symfonisk speakers setup as stereo pair as AirPlay target for my AppleTV. I was planing to use them as rear speakers in 5.1 setup down the line but current issues don’t inspire trust (yes I’m aware that 5.1 settup is different to this).

Everything works fine TILL I pause the video for more then 10-15 seconds, after that audio doesn’t come back upon resuming. I need to deselect them as audio output and select them again to get the audio back. This is extremely annoying.

From what I can google, I’m not the only one with this kind of issue. I’ve tried power cycling everything, connecting the speakers with cable, everything’s updated to latest version. Only workaround I read about is playing an “empty” audio stream in the background. 

Is there any fix for this issue?

icon

Best answer by pax0707 31 October 2020, 02:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @pax0707, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Apple TV losing sounds after resuming playback. I want to ask some questions to further check on this issue.

• When did it start happening?
  • Are there any changes made on the settings or your setup before the issue occurred?
  • Does it happen whenever pausing it and resuming the playback?
  • Does it happen on all contents or specific contents?

Answers to those questions will help us check what could be causing the issue.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.
The Sonos community is always here to help.

Badge

It was happening in all the apps from start.

Tonight I took some time off and went to play with settings. After forcing stereo sound and 16-bit audio it looks like I solved these issues in all the apps, save Plex. Plex must be doing something funky with audio...

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @pax0707, thanks for the update. So after forcing stereo sound and 16-bit audio, everything seems to be working good already except for Plex? We’ll check on that. But all seems good now. If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Also, enabling the old video player resolves the Plex issue too.

Hope they fix these issues.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @pax0707, thanks for the update. I’m glad it worked for the Plex, there might be an update in the future to fix this issue since you revert to the old player. We’ll wait for that update to fix that issue. Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.