Answered

APPLE MUSIC : impossible to add on " Music services" in the Sonos APP

• 6 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi everybody,

I’ve juste have my new Sonos Beam Gen 2.

When I've tried to link my Apple Music account with the Sonos App, nothing happened.

I’ve chose the “I am already a customer” option, and after that nothing happened, only a white screen.

My wife try on her phone (meine is Xiamo Mi9TPRO and her is a redmi note 7), and the result is the same.

Does anyone have the same problem, or better, a solution ?

Thanks from France.

icon

Best answer by controlav 7 October 2021, 00:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Perhaps see this link…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3282

Ensure the native Apple Music App is installed (and signed in/working) on the mobile device and up-to-date. Also check that your Sonos device firmware/software is up-to-date too and then perhaps try installing the music service again, as mentioned in the link above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There have been a few reports of Apple Music authentication via Android being broken recently, on here and on reddit.

Even better when I try to lodge a complaint via the apple music app it refuses to accept my phone number - I know Im not in USA but Ive tried all combinations - adding country code, adding area code, dropping bits and always the same .  

I hope its affecting iphone users as even after talking to sonos support no one really seems to be working on fixing it - or publihing why it is taking them so long to fix!  No fix soon then its bad luck apple music - Ill cancel subscription as why bother with something I have to work around to use? 

The inability of Sonos to commit to either working on, or publishing a date for a fix is that it is most likely a fix that needs to be done by Apple, and Sonos is unfortunately unable to make a change without Apple doing their work first. And Apple is likely unwilling to give Sonos a time frame. 

Indeed, voting with your money and canceling your Apple Music subscription may be helpful, but only if Apple Music allows you an opportunity to tell them why. I’m sure Sonos has been pestering them to fix the issue, but I’d suspect it’s pretty low on Apple’s list of things to fix, since it doesn’t involve their own hardware.