Answered

All wired Sonos Arc+sub+2xplay 1 little cut-outs

• 28 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello, I just wired with ethernet cat 6 my entire flat and decided to go to an all wired setup for my sonos system and everything seems to work just great after disabling wi-fi in all the devices and removing a sonos boost that was part of the setup.

The problem Im having is only with the rears of my Arc+sub+2xplays 1s in my living room. They keep cutting out constantly. It is like the ambient sound cuts for half a second and comes back again immediately after but it just doesnt happen once, it keeps happening every ten seconds or so.

And I think it only happens with dolby atmos (both TRUEHD and lossy one) on both my shieldTV and apple tv 4k

Already sent a diagnostic while it was happening with the number 809032159

is there anything I can troubleshoot? It is a really annoying issue.

thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by John B 28 February 2021, 10:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Which speakers are physically wired to your network or router with an ethernet cable? Did you disable Wi-Fi on your Arc?

Hi.  It is generally a bad idea to wire the Sub and surrounds in a Sonos HT system.  Within the HT system Sonos is designed to use direct routing over 5GHz wireless.  You should re-enable the radios on all the Sonos components involved, including the Arc.  (“Disable WiFi” is very misleading terminology on Sonos’ part.  It completely disables the radios.)

Disconnect the Ethernet cables from the Sub and surrounds.  You can leave the Arc wired.

You may have to power cycle the devices, but they should reconfigure without that if you give them a minute or two.

Badge

Hello again, I know the arc connects with sub and rears via the 5ghz channel but now that they are all wired why wouldnt they communicate via LAN? It is a waay more stable connection. And like I said, it is not that the rears are kicked out from the setup its that the ambient sound suffers from mini-drops constantly. Gonna try your suggestion tho.

Badge

OK, that seems to have solved it. Thank you!! (But I wanted it all hard-wired hahahga)

OK, that seems to have solved it. Thank you!! (But I wanted it all hard-wired hahahga)

Hi jpalenz,

Wonder how you solve the sound drop issues…. i also encounter the same now...

Badge

Hi jpalenz,

Wonder how you solve the sound drop issues…. i also encounter the same now...

Just did what @John B suggested.