Answered

Access denied when choosing music

• 9 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi,

is anyone else getting an access denied when trying to listen to any music application. At first it was only doing it to Sonos radio and now Apple Music and Pandora are giving me the same error. I verify verify the app is updated and so is my system. 

Someone else suggested to reauthorize the music apps and it worked. 

icon

Best answer by Smilja 10 February 2021, 20:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this:

In the Sonos app, go to Settings > App Preferences and tap Reset App. Then close and reopen the app and test again.

It only worked that one time every time I turn the speakers on again I have to reauthorize all of my music. 

I’ll try resetting the app next. 

@Laura.gomez1209, Go to your Sonos account, complete your profile, then wait about half an hour.

Hi,

ive updated my profile back in January. Is there something missing?

Badge

Hi,

I have the same message “access denied” for Sonos Radio. What happended ?

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Unfinished country settings in your profile?

Try going to “Manage”, then “Service Settings,” then click on the thing you are getting the access denied message about. When it’s highlighted, go down below to the little cog icon and pull down menu to “reauthorize". The first time it didn’t work, but I’m pigheaded so I did it again and it worked. :)