Wondering why SonoS is SO bad to work with.

I have spend a fortune buying all kind of sonos speakers, subwoofers, amplifiers but finally I just realize I made a big mistake believing this company cared about customers as well as the way the speakers have to be set up.

Maybe this company does not realize that we are not sound or Wifi engineers… and we don’t have this much time to read these never ending lists of advices to resolve all the never ending issues…

I will go back to wired system (cables) and forget all these SonoS headache for good.
Best to all of you and good luck with Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Sonos. However, what exactly are the issues with your Sonos? This is a “Help community”.

Posting here just to say how dissatisfied you are with Sonos falls on deaf ears as people in this community have no input into Sonos business. If you want to file a customer complaint I suggest you contact Sonos corporate.

If you still want help to resolve your issues then you have come to the right place. 

I have about 15/20 speakers in my house but they work very bad and looks like the signal is not getting to the speaker. I tried almost everything I believe but I am on it for the last two days now and I got tired.

Thank you very much for your message and I should maybe delete my message from this community then.

What do you think ?

Best,

Jehan

Userlevel 7

No need to delete your post. It sounds like you have some sort of network issue. Can you tell us how your network is setup. Is it a router/modem or a mesh network? With that information we (community members) can make suggestions to help troubleshoot your issue(s).

I’d suggest that you post more specifics, perhaps the users of this community forum can help. 

Based on the little information you’ve posted, I would have an initial guess at duplicate IP addresses, caused by confusion on your router, exposed often when there is a software update to the speakers. This update causes them to request new IP assignments from the router, and if the router is ‘confused’, the speakers will be handed bad assignments, causing the sort of thing you’re describing. 

A quick, albeit potentially temporary solution to this particular issue, if indeed this is what you’re experiencing, is to unplug all Sonos devices from power, while they are unplugged, reboot your router, forcing it to reload a fresh version of its firmware. Give the router a couple of minutes to reload everything, then plug back in your Sonos devices.

If indeed this ‘resolves’ the issue, I would encourage you to research how to reserve IP addresses in your router’s manual, and set them up, at least for your Sonos devices, a more permanent way to do what I suggested in the previous paragraph. 

However, more details about your system may invalidate this ‘guess’. It’s good housekeeping for your network, and will only help in the long run, but may not be the solution to your issues. 

Edit: Sorry, @AjTrek1, I type slowly ;)

Userlevel 7

In addition to @Airgetlam advice. If the issue is not resolved after following the steps he suggested then you may want to submit a diagnostic within ten minutes of the occurrence. Post the reference ID in your next post and then call Sonos tech support.

Go to > settings > Support > Submit Diagnostic.