wifi connection to Sonos One SL

• 8 November 2023
  • 12 replies

Impossible to connect

my Sonos One SL to my 2.4GHz wifi,

when it used to work very well. I have tried almost every single solution proposed. Anyone could help please? Many thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

How is it now connected? 
Have you submitted a diagnostics and spoken to Sonos support?

‘Every solution’ is kind of vague. Which solutions did you try, so that this community can give you more assistance?

Hi Nik, Bruce,

yes I have contacted the support, but I jave to chat again with ius. They dis not find the issue…

What I have done:

• reset to factory settings
  • uninstall and reinstall Sonons S2 app on my iphone (ios 17)
  • tried with Ethernet. Works fine and followed the instructions to switch from wired to wireless connection
  • separated my wifi 2.4 and 5 GHz and tried with these 2 frequencies 

nothing works. If ever you have any idea, please let me know.

many thanks and have a nice day

stephane

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

So it works fine on Ethernet?

Have you submitted a diagnostics and spoken to Sonos to check the wifi in the speaker is working?

What router/wifi system are you using? Have you set it to a fixed channel 1,  6 or 11?

We’re still working a little in the dark here…

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply.

How shall I proceed to make diagnostics so that I could send to Sonos? No I dis not speak to them 0nly by chat€. I’ll do it by today.

let me check for the channel. I use a router from french telecom provider Bouygues

Thanks a lot

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply.

How shall I proceed to make diagnostics so that I could send to Sonos? No I dis not speak to them 0nly by chat€. I’ll do it by today.

Settings/System/Support. Note the number and reference it when you speak to the phone support folk. 

Thanks again

The ossue is that I have no access to “system “. It appears in gray….

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The ossue is that I have no access to “system “. It appears in gray….

Even when on Ethernet?

And apologies: it’s in Settings/Support. 

Hi again, it works well with Ethernet. I jave changes settinds on my router and used channel 6. 
fyi, I am on WPA2 (not enterprise) and “b,g,n”. Still does not work on my 2.4 GHz wifi. By the way, does Sonos One SL also works with 5 GHz.

thanks again for your support

stephane

Userlevel 7

Hi again, it works well with Ethernet. I jave changes settinds on my router and used channel 6. 
fyi, I am on WPA2 (not enterprise) and “b,g,n”. Still does not work on my 2.4 GHz wifi. By the way, does Sonos One SL also works with 5 GHz.

thanks again for your support

stephane

Yes, the One SL can also work over 5GHz

Thank you