Skip to main content

Why is the Sonos One not enabled to be used as a PC speaker?

• 14 April 2023
  • 2 replies

The Sonos One would be an excellent PC speaker if Sonos had considered it.  For me it would improve sales if they also thought about PC consumers who want quality audio in their systems whether it is for listening to music or playing games.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +20

It was never designed for this purpose and now the One is end of life it’s irrelevant.

Near as I can tell, it’s the underlying nature of the way the Sonos software is designed to work, supporting multi-room configurations that makes Sonos a poor choice for PC use. I suppose if they wanted to break all of the supporting assumptions in that software, they could then compete in that space, although the level of complaints between one kind of Sonos speaker that work only with apCs and another set that only work multi-room might be challenging to support. You’d end up with another Sonos OS for just those speakers, the CS support necessary to deal with people who don’t understand there are two kinds of Sonos speakers, and the returns from people who bought a Sonos speaker that doesn’t connect to the rest of their system. And, you’d need to increase your coding staff to do work on both systems, at some cost. Seems like an unlikely shift in company priorities to me.