Answered

When Speakers are grouped there's a long delay when adjusting volume and changing songs

• 16 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Like the title says… When I am using just one of my sonos speakers everything works great and is snappy. When I group my speakers there’s a very long delay when playing a song, skipping a song, or turning up the volume.

Everything is still synced, so I’m not having issues like I’ve seen other people have with delay issues. Everything just takes 5 to 10 or more seconds to respond.

I have a sonos move and a sonos play 1. This all started when I added the older play 1 to the system. Individually they both work great. My internet is 1 gig and I have a nice modem and mesh network in my home. I restarted my modem and mesh network this morning, before that gets recommended haha. Also, I’m using Tidal.

Thanks for any help.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 17 April 2024, 04:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Did you also turn off your speakers and not restart them till the router was fully up and running, haha? It’s only by doing that you eliminate the possibility of duplicate ip addresses being the problem, haha. 

Did you also turn off your speakers and not restart them till the router was fully up and running, haha? It’s only by doing that you eliminate the possibility of duplicate ip addresses being the problem, haha. 

I just went through and did it exactly like sonos recommends and there’s still a major delay when the speakers are grouped.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You’re not telling us much. Is it a secret? Care to share what you mean by “did it exactly like I needed to”? What did you do? Comments like “I have a nice modem and mesh network” don’t tell us much. What modem? What mesh network? 

Or, option 2, I’ll pass on this and see if anyone else cares to contribute. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

When my system was laggy when the controller was first connecting and when changing volume or some other functions I couldn’t figure it out. Sent Sonos a diagnostic and they found several issues here with WiFi interference.

A diagnostic is quick, send it when you have the issue. Then call it in when you have the time to troubleshoot.