Answered

What to do with my Sonos %'s

• 4 December 2023
  • 7 replies

I have a home theater set up that currently has an Arc ar the main sound bar, a sub and 2 one speakers for surrounds.  In my bed room I have a Ray with no surrounds.  I have 2 Sonos 5’s that are pretty expensive but I dont use them in my bedroom where they currently are located.  If I moved them into the living room with the Arc and the Sub could I create a room that would include the 5’s and the sub without messing with the home theater set up?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 December 2023, 04:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

The Sub can either be bonded to the Arc or the Fives. It cannot be bonded to both at the same time. You have to choose one or the other.

Fives as surrounds sound great with the Arc though.

yea, expensive surrounds but thanks for clarifying.  I will either figure out a way to make them stand alone in my main living area or give them to my son for his new house.  Thanks for the quick reply,I appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You could create a Sonos Room for the Fives / Play 5s that you could group with the Arc’s Sonos Room.

You have to choose Which Sonos Room the Sub will be part of, so pick one or move it to the one you want it hooked to each time that changes.

so I could mix and match so to speak?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Easily and rearrange without major hassle too.

You may find the pair of Fives and the Arc/Sub/One sets your favorites.

Fives alone for critical stereo listening.

Group in the Fives and Arc (set the surrounds to Full-Mode) for casual or party use.

And the Arc set for TV use.

Trying to convince the spouse Santa dropped off a second Sub is always an option. :-)

I had thought about the second sub option (maybe the mini) I think for now im just gonna get some stands and use the 5’s strictly for music.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Before going to the mini make sure to audition your present Sub and see if you’d be happy with less. With the Fives you might be and that would save a few bucks.