Skip to main content

So it’s an odd scenario. I’ve got my Sonos One SL in the kitchen on volume 30. It sounds a little low to me, but as soon as I connected it to my Living Room (LR) Play 1 speaker (even if that LR speaker volume is at 0), the volume in the kitchen is significantly louder, even though it remains at 30 level on the controller? It’s almost as if the volume was incorrect to begin with until I then connected it to another.

Any ideas why?

Do you have a volume limit set for the speaker?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/setting-a-volume-limit-on-sonos-products

No volume limit. I’ve even retuned the speaker for true play to make sure.

Hi @scottyboi08 

Thanks for your post!

Yours is an unusual report - I’m not sure I’ve heard anything quite like it before. 

Assuming a reboot of the speaker doesn’t fix it (though it might - please try it if you haven’t already), my recommendation to you would be to get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

If you are unable to reproduce the issue at will, I recommend you wait until the issue occurs then submit a support diagnostic immediately after - you can give the diagnostic number to an agent when you contact our team and they should be able to glean some information from that.

I hope this helps.