Skip to main content
Answered

Volume Limit Wont Change - Pops Back to 100% after few seconds

• 30 June 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi, anyone else having this problem? Seems to be reoccurring and the answer has been to power cycle (done 2x) and system outage (there isn’t one). 

I have a new Sonos AMP purchased June 2024, when I change the volume limit (50% for instance) it resets to 100% after a few seconds (you can actually watch the slider just move back up). 

I typically stream from an iPhone using Spotify, so to test I am playing Sonos radio with no other devices. Same issue. In fact you can slide limit to 10% and it doesn’t change the volume output already coming out of the device that is higher than that level. Cycled the amp, same issue.  

This is important as the Amp blew out my last set of house speakers when my spouse accidentally connected her phone with the volume too high. I’d like this set to last a bit longer. 

All advice welcome!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Mandolinorian, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear you’re unable to set a new volume limit in the app. I’ve given this a test on my system and I’m able to adjust the volume limit on my Sonos One without it changing back, so I suspect this could be network related. 

Since the settings of your system are saved to your Sonos devices instead of the Sonos app, then any connection issue or interruption can prevent settings from changing, so I would also suggest power cycling your Router and iPhone to test since you’ve already power cycled your Sonos Amp.

I’d also make sure you’re running the latest Sonos app version before adjusting the volume limit and, if possible, try to set a volume limit with another device instead of your iPhone.

Please let me know if you’re able to set a volume limit after following the above and I hope this information helps!

Hi,

i just added a new Sonos amp 2024 to my system of 7 amps and gives me the same problem. Says all my amps are up to date and it’s the only one who has this problem.

Be sure to submit a diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing the issue.

I’m having the same issue, I submitted diagnostic *************. Tried to set the volume limit 10 seconds prior. 

Moderator edit: Diagnostics number recorded and removed

Same problem here! Diagnostic: **********

Fixed the problem with logging out, removing the app, installing it again and logging in!

Moderator edit: Diagnostics number recorded and removed

I had a similar experience to @phillipo6 when I followed his guidance on signing out and deleting the app.  The only minor difference was that when I opened the app it said 95 which is the volume limit I set before.  Not sure if the UX is caching data or not updating correctly.

Hi. I’m also having this problem. The volume limit has been set to 40% on my paired Play 1 and I can’t reset.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RichGale 

Thanks for bring this thread back to my attention!

Apologies - I forgot to update the thread with what we discovered.

So, back when it was reported, we were able to reproduce this issue in our own testing. We are investigating, but have no estimate for when fix might be put in place (I do suspect it will be soon, however).

I hope this helps.

Edit: Big thanks to those who supplied diagnostics - they were very helpful!