Answered

Volume keeps dropping out

• 6 April 2023
  • 6 replies

The volume on my 6 sonos speakers keeps stopping and starting. The app shows the music is continuing to play but no sound is coming out from the speakers. Then it will start again for maybe 1-2 mins then stop for 1-2 mins. 

I have re-tuned through Trueplay but nothing is improving, it seems to be getting worse.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 April 2023, 14:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

This sort of issue is network related. Tureplay cannot resolve network issues.

Describe your network and SONOS system for us. What model router are you using? Network switches? WiFi extenders or mesh points? SONOS models? Is your SONOS system wired or wireless?

The network seems to be working fine throughout the rest of our space and it shows full range on the app. One of the sonos is literally plugged in right next to our internet router and modem. 

The SONOS model is Sonos one, all plugged into power points, connected via bluetooth.

It sounds like you may be experiencing wireless interference or connectivity issues with your Sonos system. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check your Wi-Fi network: Make sure your Wi-Fi network is functioning properly and that all your Sonos speakers are connected to the same network. If your Wi-Fi network is experiencing issues, it can cause your Sonos speakers to drop out or experience connectivity issues.

Check for wireless interference: Other wireless devices, such as wireless phones, baby monitors, or nearby Wi-Fi networks, can cause interference and disrupt your Sonos speakers' wireless connection. Try moving your Sonos speakers further away from other wireless devices or turning off other wireless devices to see if this resolves the issue.

Check for firmware updates: Make sure your Sonos system is running the latest firmware. You can check for updates in the Sonos app by going to "Settings" > "System Updates" and selecting "Check for Updates."

Restart your Sonos system: Try restarting your Sonos system by unplugging all your Sonos speakers from power and your Wi-Fi router. Wait a few minutes, then plug everything back in and see if this resolves the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BespokeFacialClinic 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The network seems to be working fine throughout the rest of our space and it shows full range on the app. One of the sonos is literally plugged in right next to our internet router and modem. 

This is probably the problem - please keep any WiFi devices at least 1m away from the router (and the speaker). With them next to each other, they will be sources of interference for each other.

The SONOS model is Sonos one, all plugged into power points, connected via bluetooth.

Sonos One does not support Bluetooth.

I hope this helps. If it does not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Ok I have been dealing with sonos gen 1 connected amps dropping out in the last 6 months.  Bottom line up front is i had to down load sonos 2 app and update my system. When i did this my tablet was no longer compatible with the system it is an android 7 system.  My phones work which are droid 8.

It seems that there was a software update that caused the problems.  My one sl worked fine but both connected amps drop out for 3 to 5 seconds but app shows that they are playing.  I went through the whole troubleshooting stuff online to no avail.  Since most posts say it is a WIFI issue I decided to hard wire the units which did not solve the problem.  When I get time I may put bridge back in and go back to wifi but maybe not.  These units worked fine for 4 years until some update.  I really don't understand what reason changes are made to working software and are not fully tested.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Breinerdm 

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.