Answered

Volume

• 6 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Just now at 430am, the sonos speakers on the other side of the house turned their volume to max. The sonos speaker in my room did not. I was able to turned them down after fumbling around in a half sleep state. It's happened once before.  

I only use TuneIn and Youtube Music on the sonos app, and those two were set to Tunein. 

And the speakers are all Sonos Ones. 

Is there anyway to stop this from occurring again?  Thank you for any suggestions.  

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 January 2024, 12:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Whenever something like this happens, within 20 minutes or so, it is best to submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then later contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see if the Staff can discover what happened. In the past it has been mice, cats etc, that have started the speakers playing by passing over the touch controls and in other cases it has been children, or someone playing a prank - so the diagnostic report information may help to pinpoint what’s happening.

Hope you can get to the root cause of the issue. 👍

Submit a diagnostic and note the confirmation number. When you’ve recovered, give Sonos Support a call. The logs will have tracked where the volume command came from.

You don’t happen to have any pets? A cat perhaps? 

Thank you.  I have a dog but he's contained at night.  

Thank you.  I have a dog but he's contained at night.  

ha ha 😀

Userlevel 7

You can also set a volume limit, so although it may occur again until it’s established what’s causing the issue, the volume will not be at max.

If the speaker touch controls don’t get used much they can optionally be disabled in the controller app.