very loud low frequency rumble at start of alarm

• 18 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Every once in a while when Sonos starts an alarm set to music, my subwoofers emit a very loud low level rumble for about a second or two. First, scares the crap out of us, but I am more concerned it will damage the speaker. Running latest software. submitted report. Anyone experienced this issue??

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Which type of alarm are you referring to here, in-built Alexa, Sonos or Google ? And what source is set as the alarm playing output? … Also, what Sonos devices are bonded to the sub (one sub, or two?)

Also what is the room/alarm volume level, EQ settings, Sub volume level, or if using ascending alarm etc; every piece of info. may help.

Ken,

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry for the delayed response as I just saw this. ill try to answer your questions, however, I have since deleted all the alarms in the Sonos app and so far, the issue has not occurred again. 

Alarms I was using are the ones in the sonos app itself, they were set to play various types of music at different times of the day throughout the house. I do have include groups included in these alarms. Speakers that put out the very loud noise were in our home theater room, which has the sound bar two sonos one speakers and a sub. My real concern is damage to one or all speakers as this is a pretty violent noise.

the volum level of all the alarms is never more that 10 to 15, or about ¼ to 1/8 volume, only minor tweaks to the EQ settings and loudness is off. No ascending alarms. I did generate a report and submit it immediately following the last occurrence.

Has not happened since, so maybe a corrupted alarm or something……

thanks

Mark Kissel

@mlkissel1,

If it starts happening again then, within 20 minutes of the issue occurring, it maybe best to submit a further Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App and either note/post it’s reference back here and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can suggest to resolve the matter. 

thanks Ken. ill do but so far so good

Makr