Use Era 100/300 speakers in surround and stereo configuration at the same time.

• 2 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi

New to the Sonos ecosystem. I’ve been gradually building my range with era 100s and recently with a era300 with a sub. The speakers are scattered all around the house for the holistic music experience.

We’re currently in the process of repurposing as room into a pseudo-Study/Games Room. The plan is to setup a TV with a soundbar, rear surrounds (era 100 or 300s) and a sub - to be acquired.

The aim is to have the flexibility of playing music through the era 100/300s in stereo with sub normally and while watching Tv have the soundbar and the era’s as surround speakers with sub.

I can't seem to find any information on whether this flexibility is possible. Any feedback/recommendation on the above would much appreciated.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No, it is not easily done.  You'd have to reconfigure the surrounds and Sub each time.  Though you can switch the surrounds to Full for music sources, which would give full volume from both the surrounds and soundbar.

Thanks for the feedback, so what you’re saying is play music through the home theatre system (soundbar/eras/sub) as a multi speaker music system?

Will this have any effect if I wanted to play any spatial music if I went with the era 300s as rears?