Answered

use amp and arc on same network

• 7 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone. I am new to Sonos, so forgive my inexperienced question.

I have at home one Amp with Sub Mini, together with Sonance Ceiling Speakers in my living room. It was working great with no problem.

Today, I decided to install in my TV room an Sonos Arc with a Sub.

When I configured in the Sonos App the new equipment, the Amp+Sub Mini disappears and I can’t find a way to have both configurations on the same app.

I want to stream music on my living room (Amp+Sub Miini) while for example my watches a movie in the TV Room (Arc+Sub). Or in occasions, stream the same music to both configurations simultaneously.

I tried resetting all of them, but it seems as if is either of the systems, not both together.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 7 March 2023, 15:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried rebooting your router and phone? Are you able to wire either the Amp or Arc directly to your router with an ethernet cable? 

The Amp is wired. I have reset the App and rebooted my phone.

I may have to try wiring the Arc. I’ll try that later.

My thought is that you installed the ARC as a new system, rather than adding it to an existing system. In my opinion this is a bit too easy in the App. If this is the case, since a controller can work with only one system at a time, you cannot simultaneously use the new ARC and the existing system. Another symptom of this would be that you had to register music services with ARC and any SONOS Playlsts would be missing on the ARC. If you added ARC to an existing system, ARC would automatically have access to your music services and SONOS Playlists.

Don’t Factory Reset anything until we resolve this point.

I’ve already went to the reset everything solution.

if I wanted to start from scratch, how can I do it? Is there a step-by-step on how to ad to an existing system?

Sorry for a basic user first time around with Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes: https://support.sonos.com/en/article/add-a-new-product-to-an-existing-sonos-system

What color is your controller icon?

Have you Factory Reset the AMP? If not, I suggest that you power down the new units and allow your controller to connect to AMP. If this is successful, then Facorty Reset the new units and Add them to your system.

I’ve already went to the reset everything solution.

if I wanted to start from scratch, how can I do it? Is there a step-by-step on how to ad to an existing system?

Sorry for a basic user first time around with Sonos.

If you have factory reset everything, you have to start over from scratch.  First, reset the Sonos app.  Then restart the app and choose to setup a new system.  Enter the same email/password credentials as before.  After adding the first device, use @106rallye’s link above to add the subsequent devices.

Note that since you reset all devices, you will need to re-add any services you intend to use, and you will lose any favorites/playlists you have set up.  This is one of the many reasons we do not recommend factory resets unless you are advised by Sonos personnel.