Answered

Updating to s2 - error 9

• 9 November 2023
  • 1 reply

I’ve got a system made up of four play:1 and two play :3.

Am trying to update to s2 so I can add a mini sub. But the update won’t work. Doing it from s2, it hangs and gives me an “error 9”.

I’ve tried factory reset on everything, downgrading everything back to s1 in the s2 app and then reinstalling it as a fresh system. But while the play:1 lot will all move over to s2 just fine, the play:3s always fail to update. Also an “error 9”.

I’ve spoken to Sonos and they say this is a temporary issue that they are working on. But it seems frankly unlikely that the one time I’m trying to do this is also the one time it has stopped working. Does anybody else have similar experiences?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 10 November 2023, 11:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @hoogr, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look into our systems and it seems that this issue is now marked as resolved. If you’re still experiencing this error, you may need to update the Sonos App to the latest version before trying to update to S2.

If updating doesn’t help, then I would suggest reaching back out to our support team to continue troubleshooting, as they have the necessary tools available to assist you in resolving this issue.

I hope this helps!