Skip to main content

Update and fix your damn software....

• 10 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I am old and maybe idiotic, but have had computer related technology since the late 70’s.  I have 2 Fives, Arc, Boost, Sub and an old Five (gen one).  Every time my router reboots as often happens with ComCastEvilEmpire and the area I live in, I have to crawl around on my hands and knees unplugging and replugging everything in.  This is the only equipment I own that FAILS to automatically reconnect - all  my other wifi and bluetooth devices do it automaticly.  Fix your software!!!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Fixed addresses might solve your problem. 

Also read this

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-happened-sonos-app-technical-analysis-andy-pennell-wigwc

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I am old and maybe idiotic, but have had computer related technology since the late 70’s.  I have 2 Fives, Arc, Boost, Sub and an old Five (gen one).  Every time my router reboots as often happens with ComCastEvilEmpire and the area I live in, I have to crawl around on my hands and knees unplugging and replugging everything in.  This is the only equipment I own that FAILS to automatically reconnect - all  my other wifi and bluetooth devices do it automaticly.  Fix your software!!!

Sorry, but I’d go with “idiotic”. If it happens a few times, ask for help. Don’t leave it in the hope that “I’m sure it’ll be all right next time”.
As @Audiophone says, try setting fixed ip addresses for your devices. The problem you describe sounds like a duplicate ip address issue. 

If that doesn’t work, a polite request for assistance may get a helpful response from your fellow users on these forums.