Answered

Unifi and sonos set up

• 1 April 2021
  • 2 replies

its been a rough week trying to go through these forums trying to get my Sonos and unifi to play nice. 

Set up -

network unifi dream marine pro. Poe 24 switch. ap ac pro.

sonos- arc, sub gen 3, 2 fives, one

to make it easier I am only using the one and 1 five.

I reset the sonos app and I can add one of the two speakers to the app but not the other, doesn't matter which I add, second one doesn't link. I downloaded the sonos app on my Mac and was able to add the other speaker but on the app on the phone I can see 5 and on the laptop I can see the one.  

if I use spotify I can airplay to both speaker but I can't see them in Sonos Controller app. I have tried many of the unifi suggestions in this forum. 

Any assistance on how to get my sound system running will be greatly appreciated. I have an ethernet cord going to the one atm. tried a lot of things but can't seem to solve it.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 1 April 2021, 17:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @fsamaha11, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sounds like you’ve got the One and Five set up as separate systems. Since you’ve got the One connected via Ethernet, lets use that as our starting point.

Would you mind performing a Factory Reset on the Five, rebooting your router and any access points/extenders, and then when the WiFi is back online, trying to add the Five in once more?

If linking the Five continues to fail, mind specifying exactly where the process stops? Does it find the Five at all?

Let us know how you get on :)

The factory reset worked like a charm. Thank you for the help!