Skip to main content

When using Alexa as my voice service for ERA 300 I am unable to play Amazon Music with any voice command. Alexa responds to me with “Hmmm.. to do that first enable the skill for your Sonos ERA 300 in the Alexa app then ask me to discover devices”.

I never had to do this with my Sonos Arc.

When I go to the Amazon Alexa app on my phone I only see 1 available Sonos skill and it is already enabled.

I tried removing all music services and voice services from the Sonos app and then re-added just Alexa as voice service and just Amazon Music as music service but that did not work.

If I use Sonos Voice it is able to play from Amazon Music but is unable to recognize any of my Amazon Music playlist. This is really annoying since a big part of my decision to buy ERA 300 over Sonos 5 is its voice service integration!

Try disabling and re-enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app.

Do you see the Era 300 on your list of devices in the Alexa app? If not, tap on Discover Devices and the Era 300 should be added to the list.

I have the exact same problem with my Era 100.  It keeps saying to add skill in Alexa app.  

My Era 100 shows up in the Devices - so there’s no way to “discover it.”  And yet the music isn’t playing.  Has anyone figured out the issue?

Also, would you mind clarifying what it means to “disable and re-enable” the Sonos skill in Alexa?  Sonos shows up as a device in my Alexa app.  Is that what is meant by skill?