Answered

Unable to join Sonos WiFi during setup

• 30 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

One of my speaker pairs (Play 5, gen 2) went off line and I am unable to get it back up. I am now at the point where it is saying it needs to join a Sonos Wifi but it is unable to. I don’t recall this being an issue when I originally set up my speaker a few years ago. How can I get it to join the temporary Sonos wifi so I can finish getting this speaker online? 

icon

Best answer by swardraws 30 January 2021, 17:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @swardraws.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

What is the status of the LED light on the Play: 5/speaker?

I suggest that you try to temporarily wire the said speaker directly to the router using an ethernet cable and see if it will work that way. Then, while it is physically connected or hardwired please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you Annazel, I have since hopped on a chat and it was determined that the speaker has a bad wifi card

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @swardraws.

Thanks for your response, that’s what I thought but good to know that the issue was addressed already.

If you may have any other questions or run into any issues, don’t hesitate to reach out.

All the best.