Skip to main content

I have a new set of Era 100s that are replacing a set of Play:1s.

I was unable to add them to my system with the new iPhone app (80.0.04) and several factory resets, but was able to add 1 of them using the new android app (also 80.0.04). I then saw there was an update to the iPhone app, updated to 80.0.08 and was able to add the second speaker. 

So, now that my speakers are finally added to my system, I’m unable to group them into a stereo pair.

The iPhone app says that there was a problem grouping them. The android app says they were successfully grouped, but never groups them.

I’ve tried having them in separate “rooms,” the same “room,” made sure all the settings were the same (voice, status light, etc), but nothing is working.

Both are connected to WiFi.

Any tips? I’m really losing patience with this new app.

And the next day, I tried again and the speakers just grouped into a stereo pair on the first try using the iPhone app (80.0.08). 🤷

Almost seems like some remote API endpoint was intermittently broken or something.

I have a stereo pair now...

For what it’s worth, I had a similar problem with two Era 300s that wouldn’t group into a stereo pair. Turned out the speakers were not on the same (latest) firmware version. One had the latest version but the other were on an older version.

Went to Settings, Manage, System Updates and Check for Updates. After updating the pairing worked.

Wish the app would have said something about mismatching firmware versions instead of just giving a non-helpful message like “check your network and power”.