Answered

unable to connect multiple One SL

• 17 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello everybody,

I bought 4 One SL speakers at once. And I installed the latest version of the Sonos app.

all speakers have been paired with the app, and they all have had the latest S2 update.

unfortunately there is a troubleshooting or a bug, because I am unable to have all 4 of the speakers together in the app. 

Some more info on my situation: they all are connected over WiFi on the same network.

I tried also linking them all over the wired network. 

I see the 4 speakers on my “airplay” mode, like for example if I want to listen to Spotify, I have all 4 of them in the list. And they play all 4 the Spotify music. But unfortunately not all at one.

if I ask Spotify to play more than one speaker at the same time, I neer to select the option of opening a room with the S1 Sonos app. Seems to be the standard Spotify respons.

so when I delete an re-instal the Sonos app, I can click on the infinity button to pair/link and it works properly. For a 4 of them this works.

but if I ask to add another speaker to the app, he keeps on searching, but can’t find any other speakers. Evendough they are all listed as available on my AirPlay/Spotify list.

someone got an idea?

thanks a lot!!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 18 April 2023, 22:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did you add each one as a new Sonos system or did you do the first one as new, and then add the others to that system?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The need to cable connect one speaker could be specific to your situation, generally speaking it is not needed to cable connect Sonos, though it can help in specific situations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Unplug all but one, and connect to it, make sure things are working as expected.

Pick one other, power it up and do a factory reset.

Add the reset one to the already configured Sonos using the add product option in the System menu.

Once it is in do the others, again one at a time for minimal confusion.

By not factory resetting all you won’t erase the basic Sonos information for your system.

I can’t remember…

just to be sure, should I try resetting them all?

Thank you @Stanley_4 

It worked!

I also noticed at least one speaker needs to be connected. They can not all 4 be used with the same wifi. So 3 wifi and 1 lan cable.

Works perfectly now!