Skip to main content
Question

Two Play:1s stopped working (same time)—won’t power on

• 15 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I’ve had two Sonos Play:1s for years, gradually adding a Beam and Port, a couple Play:3s. Have loved the system and worked through the various updates over the years. Recently, both Play:1 speakers stopped working at roughly the same time (not sure if literally stopped at same time or what…but discovered one stopped lighting up, and on checking the other realized it was also dead). Neither device will power up now (no light in the top). 

Are there steps we can take to revive? Unplugged both for a couple days but still no joy when we plug back in.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey @RootsinVA,  welcome to the Sonos Community!

Apologies for the late response. Sorry to hear that both your Play:1s have stopped working. If you can exclude that the power sockets nor power cables are at fault, you could check if a factory reset gives them new light/life.

Should all fail, please reach out to our technical support who would be able to look into further options.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, I was looking for how to factory reset—will try before contacting tech support when I get back to the house next week.

I am in the same boat you are. About 3-4 weeks ago both my play:1’s quit working. Exactly the same time. So if you figure out what caused yours, let me know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I am in the same boat you are. About 3-4 weeks ago both my play:1’s quit working. Exactly the same time. So if you figure out what caused yours, let me know. 

Have you done what was recommended by @Gabriel Z above? What did Sonos tech support say?

Have you done what was recommended by @Gabriel Z above? What did Sonos tech support say?

Did the diagnostic report and called tech support. However, they were closed. Going to try again tomorrow.