Answered

trueplay not tuning ‘reduce background noise’

• 8 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

For whatever reason I’m not able to do the trueplay tuning. I have turned off every appliance in my place and sat quiet in front of the tv and still won’t tune, stating ‘reduce background noise’. 

Probably a separate issue but my Beam is tweaking/peaking at certain stages. I find it happens when there’s a deeper voice speaking and occasionally during music (maybe certain frequencies?). 

We have a Beam and Sub only and it’s really really annoying that I’ve spent all this money for a less than great sound. Any hopes of making it work better?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 9 February 2024, 02:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Is there a case on your iOS device? If so, remove it. It also may be beneficial to reboot your router, although I’m unsure as to how that works, just that some people have reported that it helps.

I’d certainly encourage you to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Is the heat or AC running?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Fridge and/or freezer can be a problem too.

Also check your mike port for crud buildup and give it a good cleaning.

Userlevel 1

Is there a case on your iOS device? If so, remove it. It also may be beneficial to reboot your router, although I’m unsure as to how that works, just that some people have reported that it helps.

I’d certainly encourage you to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Took my case off, I’ll try rebooting the router. 
Thanks

Userlevel 1

Is the heat or AC running?

Had everything turned off except the tv, sonos and router…

Userlevel 1

Fridge and/or freezer can be a problem too.

Also check your mike port for crud buildup and give it a good cleaning.

I turned our fridge off and our fish tank which is next to the tv.

Tank pumps are noisy. We’re living in an open plan home with timber floors meaning the sound is bouncing off everything I guess. 🤷‍♂️ 

I like the idea of cleaning filth from my phone mic port (it’s gross)!
Thanks I’ll try that too