Answered

Trubleshooting – sonos one stopped working (wired) when a new router TP-Link is used for wi-fi

• 27 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello! I would appreciate so much your knowledge and support about this issue.

I use to have my sonos one wired to my ISP router and I was using S2 app with it with no problems.

I recently purchased a new wifi router (Tp-link AX20) to use its WI-FI connection. 

This TP-link router is conected to the ISP router to get internet and now I use the new wifi network  (2.4Ghz) to connect to it. (5Ghz wifi is disconnected).

The problem is that now the app won't detect my Sonos one wired to the main router. I run a test connecting the Sonos one wired to the TP-LINK router and it worked so I guess there must be a parameter in the TP-LINK that im missing?-

• I have the TP-Link with auto channel and same WIFI SSID, even copying the MAC address of the ISP router.

I have attached my config. Thank you for your support.

icon

Best answer by dave01star 28 November 2022, 11:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Is your Sonos One a Gen 1 or Gen 2? If you don’t know, look on the underside of the speaker. The S13 model is a Gen 1. The S18 model is a Gen 2. The Gen 1 requires a 5GHz network:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-system-requirements

Hi! It’s Gen 2 but it’s been working on 2,4Ghz until I settled up the new router,  so I believe that’s not the issue.

Hi!

I solved it. It seems you need to change the operating mode from: Wireless router to access point