Skip to main content

Hey guys! 
I have Symfonisk lamp gen.2 and had no problems with it up until now. 
It started yesterday, speaker suddenly stopped streaming spotify. I thought it might be something with servers on sonos side or something else not giving it much of thought. However issue didn’t go away today. So basically up until now I tried (several times):

• hard reboot
  • reconnecting speaker to the app again
  • deleting sonos app, and installing it back again 
  • turning router off and on again 
  • trouble shooting in the app itself, like “let’s fix it” thing 
  • and probably something else which I don’t remember

And reaction to all those manipulations seems to be completely random. Sometimes I get successful result, like everything seems to be back to normal. But after a while, couple of minutes, speaker looses connection to wifi, also can’t be seen in the app. Sometimes no success at all. Flash light flashes white, sometimes white and orange, sometimes it is solid white but nothing is happening. 

I checked forum, it seems that I’m not alone with this problem, thus I’m hoping that sonos will do something about it, otherwise it is pretty much useless and gives me no point to deal with sonos ever again. 

Cheers guys!

Actually, I’d be reading the wifi interference FAQ, with a particular eye to potential sources outside your home. 

Other than that, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Actually, I’d be reading the wifi interference FAQ, with a particular eye to potential sources outside your home. 

Actually, I did look into it as well, and it is surprising to me, how interference might occur right after 4 songs speaker gets to play and being only a meter away from the router itself (literary one meter). Check added picture. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not excluding interference, but highly unlikely that it might be that strong at a given distance taking into account that everything worked perfectly well up until recently. And I haven’t change anything. 

Other than that, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I would like to call sonos support but I’m not in the US, but yes I might look for a local one. 

Also I’d hazard a guess that not every problem might be connected  to WiFi though. It also might be a buggy software, firmware or faulty hardware. 

Thanks, for answer, Bruce

1. Not all Wi-Fi interference comes from within the home. Trust me, I have personal experience there.
  2. I haven’t looked at your location, but Sonos support has many, many locations and languages, in fact I don’t think any of their support is physically here in the US at this point. Just click on the link I provided, you should get data about your local support number. 
  3. That diagnostic might go a huge way to identifying if indeed it was software (extraordinarily low chance), firmware or hardware (still extremely low chance), or network related (probably on the order of 99% chance)