Bluetooth on Symfonisk IKEA

I I have 2 Symfonisk amp Any chance to play music by bluetooth 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 5 May 2024, 00:38

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Only by adding a Bluetooth capable Sonos.

The Symfonisk lamp can be ‘grouped’ over WiFi with a Sonos Roam (just as an example …there are other Sonos products available too) and playback from a Bluetooth source/TX can be played to any/all Sonos speakers in the group. The Roam is probably the cheapest way to go about doing this.

Hi thanks for advice I was thinking Movie2 or Beam2

Hi thanks for advice I was thinking Movie2 or Beam2

The Move 2 will work for you, but the Beam 2 does not have Bluetooth. Other products you can use are the Roam (as mentioned) or the Era-100, or Era-300 speakers - that’s when the Era products are not being used as Home Theatre surround speakers.

Apparently Roam not swap Bluetooth 

Apparently Roam not swap Bluetooth 

It’s not an issue of swapping the Bluetooth signal/connection - it’s more a case that the received Bluetooth audio to the player/RX device can act as the main coordinator in group-audio playback and can send the Bluetooth audio to its grouped devices for playback.

I should just mention that whilst the Move 2 supports the Bluetooth group-playback feature, its predecessor, the Move 1, does not. So do not make the mistake of purchasing the 1st generation Move if you wish to have Bluetooth audio play on your symfonisk lamps.

Just to mention aswell, that the Roam's SoundSwap feature is a completely different matter altogether - TV, AirPlay, and Bluetooth audio cannot be swapped over WiFi. You can though play it’s Bluetooth audio to your other Sonos products using a "grouped rooms" setup where the Roam is set as the group co-ordinator to play on your Symfonisk devices.

Hope that helps.

Hi

So Roam or Move 2 W need use that only in bedroom as We need Bluetooth receiver/main speaker connected to HD projector

Hi

So Roam or Move 2 W need use that only in bedroom as We need Bluetooth receiver/main speaker connected to HD projector

Projector?  That may not work well.  When using Sonos for bluetooth, you can expect a slight delay as Sonos uses a buffer to get all the Sonos rooms in sync.  The result is that you may notice audio not matching video accurately.  Sonos has specific speakers designed for TVs, and projectors, that will play in sycn for the room the speaker is in.  Besides, bluetooth stereo is not close to the best you can match to an HD Projector.

All that said, I use a bluetooth connection between TV and Era 300 (Era 100 also has bluetooth) for causal TV watching and don’t have an issue with it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Will using the grouping feature for bluetooth not introduce lag like with the analogue connections in Sonos?

Will using the grouping feature for bluetooth not introduce lag like with the analogue connections in Sonos?

I don’t think grouping introduces lag on analog (because ‘Murica) source connections.  The lag is there whether you are grouping or not.  With TV audio using the HDMI/optical conneciton, the room connect to TV will play without lag (minimal) while group rooms are always delayed.