Answered

Symfonisk Bookshelf seemingly died

• 10 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi! I've had my pair of SYMFONISK speakers in my surround setup for close to a year now. Unfortunately one of them appears to have died - no led light or sign of life within the Sonos app. I tried using the power cable from the other working speaker, and other wall sockets, but still no success.

Has anybody experienced or heard of similar before? I didn't manage to find any information online of similar experiences. It just literally seems to have died with no abuse. It was always taken good care of.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 10 April 2024, 23:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It may well have just died, you could call Sonos support but with no light and having tried the other power supply I’m not sure what they could do for you.

Check your IKEA warranty, and if you paid with a credit card that offers protection check that too.

I’ve kept my Sonos plugged into good quality surge suppressors hoping to stave off any “suddenly died” results from bad power glitches. The 1080 joules rating makes the one with the phone jack about twice as good at the one without it. Many other models available too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009K79U?th=1