Skip to main content
Answered

Suddenly wifi problem with one of my Sonos One SL speakers

• 5 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

after a few happy weeks without any problems, one of my Sonos One SL speakers was not visible in the sonos app any more and I couldn’t use it. When i bought it, I set it up with wifi, without any problems. The speaker is however working with a lan cable .

It is my second Sonos One SL. The first one is 2 rooms away and connected via lan cable.

I tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work:

• deactivating my 5Ghz wifi and factory reset - re-add
  • I tried to add the speaker new to my system around a dozen times, with any help regarding reboot, factory reset that the sonos app was offering me
  • I run the new “not connected, do you want to solve the problem now” dialog in the sonos app around half a dozen times

I have really no idea what I can do anymore. Running lan cables is unfortunately not an option.

Any help is a lot appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Oh, I am really sorry, I got it now.

I have no idea why, and I was never desperate enough to fiddle around with the other Sonos.

But, I set the first one, which was always connected via lan cable, up with wifi.

The sonos app asked me if I wanted to update my wifi connection, and I set up everything again (nothing changed! no new router, no new password, nothing, nada.) I then was asked if I wanted to update the  wifi connection with my second Sonos (the one which I was not able to connect again) and after a one failed try and a few minutes all was working again! 😊

I have really no idea what happened, since nothing about my wifi settings changed, and the first, via cable connected sonos also had the wifi activated, but it seems to work now.

For longer, I hope.