Skip to main content

Hi, I am using 2x Era 100 as stereo pair connected to my PC via Bluetooth. I’d like to add a Sub mini to this pair. Will this system work for Bluetooth streaming via PC/Mac? Sonos website mentions that the Sub Mini does not support Bluetooth. I know I could add them as a system on Sonos app and airplay music, but I am not sure if it will work with BT.

Can you post where you found this info. The Sub is only a slave to the commanding speaker, so it should be OK if that speaker is bluetooth capable.

Can you post where you found this info. The Sub is only a slave to the commanding speaker, so it should be OK if that speaker is bluetooth capable.

It does not specifically mention ‘Bluetooth’ on the Sonos Sub mini Power+Connectivity here: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sub-mini. I’m afraid that even though the Sub Mini would be a part of the Sonos network (2x Era 100 + Sub mini) it would not play music since I’m streaming it to Era 100 via Bluetooth. I cannot find anything that confirms that this setup is possible. 

You are overthinking this. If the Era’s can be combined with the Sub Mini (I’ve not checked) they will play any source the Era throws at it.

The page for the Sub would not would not need to mention bluetooth: the bluetooth connection would be to the Era. The Sub would play anything the Era instructs it to play - be it a music service like Spotify, or the analogue connection or bluetooth as a source.

The page also does not mention connectibility to a TV. Why, because a soundbar would take care of this.