Answered

Sub Gen 3 and sub mini in different rooms

• 10 December 2023
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

I have two sub Gen 3s in different rooms. One in TV Room. One in Family room with additional speakers in both rooms (ARC, One SL). I am buying a Beam for another, smaller room (Den). Can I add a Sub Mini to that room (Den) as well? I know you can’t pair Sub Gen 3 and Sub Mini in same room. Just want to confirm I can add a Sub Mini, in a third room, all on the same WiFi network. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 December 2023, 20:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, you can add the Sub Mini to the Beam in the Den as long as there are no other subwoofers already bonded to the Beam.

Thanks. Thought so, but wanted to make sure before I made the investment.

Badge +1

That's what I am doing but going to group a set of 300s plus a gen3 and going to group a set of 100s with my mini. Will not be running the both subs at the same time as I know I can not run two duff subs at the same time. 

As long as the two Subs are in two Sonos ‘rooms’, you can ‘group’ the two rooms, and have them play the same thing. What you’re not able to do is put a Sub mini in the same Sonos room as a regular Sonos Sub.