Answered

Sub disconnecting every day

• 22 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Arrggghh I’m getting to a point where I’m ready to throw in the towel and give up my loyalty to Sonos. I own Arc, 4xPlay One’s, Sub Gen2, Port

For some reason the Sub decides to disconnect from the system EVERY day. Resulting in 30 mins of turning of routers, items resetting networks etc In turn I can then lose the surround speakers meaning I have to reset them all!

I’m in the UK and the system is all connected wirelessly to the latest Vodaphone Ultra Hub.

When it works, it sounds great, but it’s flaky connectivity is driving me to despair.

Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 March 2024, 21:10

View original

2 replies

What is the Sub bonded to? I’d certainly be looking at the potential for wifi interference , particularly in the 5Ghz range, near those two devices…but not restricted there. Any radio signal can be messed with, and not just opinion the frequency in question. At one point, I had a microwave impeding connection, in another case, a neighbor’s new network caused issues. 

If you’re rebooting things, make sure all Sonos devices are powered down while rebooting the router, that way they’ll ask for new IP addresses from the refreshed router. 

Remember, the surrounds are getting a signal from your Arc, not your WiFi. The same with the Sub, if it is bonded to the Arc. 

It may benefit you, if you can, to wire at least one Sonos device to your router directly, just don’t choose a surround speaker or the Sub. The nature of their connection is ‘different’ than most. 

If none of that helps, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Thanks Bruce,

I’ve hardwired the Arc to an Ethernet this evening and reconnected everything (It currently lookslike spaghetti but I’ll deal with that another time!)

On the face of it the components are all linked again and have remained stable for the entire evening. I’ll test again tomorrow,

Thank you 🙏 

Sean