Answered

strange One (Solo SL )

• 21 December 2022
  • 5 replies

I have a strange 1 as in my One SL has decided to stop connecting to my wi-fi after 3 months.

wonder if anyone is kind enough to share their ideas - I am at a standstill.

in no particular order :

all my other devices can still connect to my wifi network...using same password

I cant hard word to my router as it only has the one port - to receive although I have unplugged it.

I have reset the Solo many times following Sonos requirements - I have enough time with the Sonos to know how to trouble shoot - reset and configure.

in short I can get all the way through the set up = bluetooth connecting - audio confirmation and selecting my network - however when I enter the correct password the Solo won't accept the password and gives me an exclaimation mark reject.

I can connect via Apple air but I want to use the Sonos ( latest version) app.

I have tried connecting using n android devoice with the same results

a grateful user awaits any ideas 

Andy 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 December 2022, 10:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ndy911 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I have no idea what a “Solo” is - perhaps an autocorrect mistake?

As you’ve used a different email address here, I can’t check to see if your speaker is online - it’s possible the app and speaker are having trouble communicating but the speaker is actually online.

It’s also possible that the speaker has a fault, however.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. They’ll also be able to check the speaker’s current cloud-connection status. Part of the testing process may involve attempting a connection of your speaker and one phone to the hotspot of another phone - if you have a land-line, it may be easier to call with it rather than one of the smartphones. Or, chat via computer.

I hope this helps.

Hello Corry - appreciate your feedback greatly - you are very kind

to clarify “Solo” is an autocorrect mistake

As you’ve used a different email address here - what email address would allow you check please I can’t check to see if your speaker is online - it’s possible the app and speaker are having trouble communicating but the speaker is actually online - can we explore this possibility ?

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. They’ll also be able to check the speaker’s current cloud-connection status. Part of the testing process may involve attempting a connection of your speaker and one phone to the hotspot of another phone - if you have a land-line, it may be easier to call with it rather than one of the smartphones. Or, chat via computer.

I will contact support for their input

In the meantime I have added a screenshot of a failed connection - once I remove the power cord no CONNECTION IS FOUND.

In the meantime I have added a screenshot of a failed connection - once I remove the power cord no CONNECTION IS FOUND.

What happens when you plug the power cord back in? 

I’m not sure I understand the comments in your original post about Bluetooth, the Sonos One is not a Bluetooth speaker. It does use BLE for setup, but that doesn’t carry music, just information about the network it should be joining. 

Have you tried temporarily plugging in an ethernet cable between your router and this particular speaker?

I’ll be interested to see what support has to say, please post back. 

thanks for your comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ndy911 

Hello Corry - appreciate your feedback greatly - you are very kind

You are very welcome!

As you’ve used a different email address here - what email address would allow you check please 

It would be the email you are using in the Sonos app, but you really do not want to share any email addresses here. Technical support are in a much better position to help you.