Stereo and sub keeps disconnecting

• 2 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Diag 1352991762

I used to have no issues with my Sonos speakers but lately my stereo/sub sets just simply will not work properly. I've had to disconnect and re-pair the sets several times and that doesn't consistently work or even last when it does work.

My Kitchen room in my system was having issues showing up at all today so I restarted my WiFi controller and they came back on. All 3 units (P1, P1, and Sub) show excellent signal in the app but music was playing on only the left speaker.

At the moment of this diag (just a little while later after resetting the WiFi) the Sub shows as updating and I'm still only getting music on the left.

I have automatic updates enabled and my Wi-Fi is a full multi-AP Ubiquiti system that has been serving the house for a while without issues.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Could the speakers have homed to different APs of the Ubiquiti system? 

There is a suggested config for Ubiquiti. If you manage to run the gauntlet of the awful forum search facility you may be able to locate it. Else one of the regulars may have the link to hand.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’m sure Sonos will help when you contact them. It may be worth powering off the speakers and your router, then wait a few minutes. Restart the router and wait till it’s fully restarted and wifi running. Then restart the speakers and then your Subs. Then consider setting fixed ip addresses for your devices. 

I’m sure Sonos will help when you contact them. It may be worth powering off the speakers and your router, then wait a few minutes. Restart the router and wait till it’s fully restarted and wifi running. Then restart the speakers and then your Subs. Then consider setting fixed ip addresses for your devices. 

Everything was fully rebooted and it still is stuck on the left only. Today, at least, the updating state on the Sub is no longer present.

Well here's an interesting one. I broke the set again but I couldn't get them to pair or get the Sub to join when using my Pixel 6 Pro but after borrowing an iPhone the pair worked immediately and joining the Sub worked fine and playback is now functioning fine.

Trying to do the same thing from a different phone really shouldn't result in a different outcome.  😬

It certainly points to an alternate network topology between the two devices. 

It certainly points to an alternate network topology between the two devices. 

Both on the same Wi-Fi

Ubiquity. There are a handful of threads that include the link that @ratty was speaking of, I’d recommend that. 

I’ll stop responding, I have nothing useful to add. I’ll let others who have greater knowledge help you.