Answered

Speakers won't connect to sky broadband hub

• 1 April 2023
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hey all, 

I recently changed to sky broadband from BT and since changing I cannot get my speakers to connect to the new network.

I have separated the 2.4 & 5ghz channels and also turned off the sync and still nothing it's done my head in so much.

Anybody know what settings are required to get them working?. I'm trying to setup up a play 1 & 3 and also a beam.

Many thanks for any advice in advance also. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 April 2023, 18:29

View original

3 replies

Perhaps see if this link will assist you to get things sorted…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

It’s usually best to wire one Sonos speaker to the new router and power cycle the other Sonos speakers/devices. Then remove the old WiFi credentials from the Sonos App ‘Settings/Systen/Network/Manage Networks’.

Then use the ‘update networks’ option in the App to add the new Sky WiFi credentials to your speakers. You may also find these two links helpful:

I have the same issue.

I tried connecting my speakers by plugging into my Ethernet but when I try to update the network it prompts me to unplug and then the speakers are not picked up on the network 

I have tried factory resetting the speakers and following all the steps advised on sonos guidance. I have also made my wifi security level lower but it still won't find my speakers.

A sonos advisor suggested that as my router is WPA2 / WPA3 the speakers are not compatible...but I have seen other people connecting their speakers with this router ..is there any way around it?