Answered

Speakers/ Sound Issue

• 21 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 2 replies

I have Play 3, sub and playbar in the lounge and the same set up upstairs, except the rears are Play 1. 

For months the sound in both rooms has been unstable, with songs cutting out for about ten seconds and the sound returning, sometimes stopping completely or the sound stopping in the rears and only coming out of the playbar, only to revert to normal a few seconds later. 

I use the S2 app. If I use the back button to start a track again it usually plays normally. Wireless has been checked in the house and is working as it should. 

Any suggested resolutions welcome. Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 21 November 2023, 21:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Just need a little more information before making some suggestions…

When you recently checked your wireless, what channels and channel-widths were in use? Is the setup a centrally based router with, or without, other wireless access points, extenders etc? Are any AP’s wired back to the router?

Are, or have, you perhaps tried using SonosNet wireless, rather than your WiFi - if used currently, what wireless channel is in use and how far away is any wired Sonos product positioned from the main Router?

Have you bothered to reserve your Sonos IP addresses?

Are any switches (managed or unmanaged) involved across the LAN?