speakers placement

• 4 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello:

I would like to upgrade my beam 2 by buying 2 one sl.

The sofa is attached to the back wall and the right wall. There is no space between the sofa and the wall.

With this placement, is it possible to add the two speakers? I understand that the speakers must be placed behind the sofa at a certain distance.

Maybe it would be better to invest in a mini sub in front instead of the 2 one sl to improve the sound system?

The room measures 4x3 metres

thanks

3 replies

My sofa is against the wall.  My surrounds are placed on either side of the sofa to the left and right (solid wall on right, knee wall on left.  Sounds great, and any lack of optimum placement is taken care of by Trueplay.  I would put the surrounds on the wall behind the couch on either side of the sofa, run Trueplay, and call it a day.

You might want to look into getting a wall mount for the speakers since you the sofa is up against the right wall as well as the back wall.  It’s not ideal with them being so close and all, but I do think it’s better than nothing.  You can specify how close the speakers are to seating area, and adjust relative volume, during setup, and the already mentioned trueplay.  It’s definitely better than not having surrounds.

My speakers are about a foot behind and above the seating area.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for your answers