Answered

Speakers fall out - and come back

• 23 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi…...

We have 4 speakers, 1 pc. play one, 2 pcs. "book" and 1 pc. "Beam" standing in our 1 level house where they have been standing the whole time. But the last few months, we have had a challenge with the various speakers "dropping out" and coming back after a few minutes.

What could be the problem here?

Sincerely.
Brian

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 January 2024, 17:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Welcome to the Community!

I’m bit confused about your Sonos equipment. Per your profile you joined the community on January 23, 2024 indicating you own a Play 1. Your post on the same date as above indicates that you have a Play 1 and a  Beam. What are the 2 pieces (speakers I assume) listed as “book”; could they be IKEA bookshelf speakers?

My initial thoughts are that you have a network issue. Can’t offer any more insight until the speakers are verified as asked. Also are the speakers being used as separate rooms? Are any being used as surrounds? Are any being used as a stereo pair?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Also, how are they configured? Surrounds? Stereo pair? Individual rooms?

Userlevel 7

Also, how are they configured? Surrounds? Stereo pair? Individual rooms?

@nik9669a 

Ha Ha…I made the same edit to my post as you were posting.

Userlevel 7

@BallonBrian 

Thanks for the “likes”; but what about providing the information/clarification we asked for?

Hi AJTrek and Nik9669a :)

Thank you for your reply!

As you wrote, We have: 1 pcs. play1, 2 pcs.Ikea bookshelf and 1 pcs. Sonos Beam and it is all of them who is falling out from time to time..
All of them is individual speakers in each rooms

Best regards
Brian

Userlevel 7

@BallonBrian 

Thanks for the reply and clarification. Now Tell us about your network….

Have you made any changes either in equipment or ISP?

Is it a standalone router/modem or mesh?

Are there range extenders involved?

Is there a Sonos Bridge unit involved?

If you want an alternative to providing the above…

Here’s a “Quick Fix”that oftentimes works:

Uplug all speakers 

Reboot router and let it come back

Power Cycle your device and make sure it has the latest Sonos app installed

Plugin each speaker 1x1 and let each come back

Test your system 

Hi again…

I will try to answer your question here……

Here is what I can tell about the network/router:

It is a “standalone” router and I haven´t done any changes for the last 3 years.
There is no range extenders involved and there is no bridge…

So, I think I will try the “quick fix” and hope for the best! 🤗

Thank you for your time, so far…

Best regards
Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BallonBrian 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the interruptions you experience on your speakers.

What is the source of the audio? And, importantly, are you grouping multiple rooms together?

If you are grouping, the first device selected can be an important choice, as it is in charge of fetching the music and distributing it across the group. Therefore, it’s best to choose a room/device that has the best connection to the network as the one to be in charge of the rest (the Group Coordinator).

If this does not solve the issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - your speakers may be experiencing electromagnetic interference.

I hope this helps.