Skip to main content
Answered

Speakers being lost

• 8 March 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a gen 1 beam with two play 1’s as surrounds in one room, two play 1’s as stereo pair in another room and a roam.

The beam is wired and therefore the “master” speaker.

For the past few weeks I’ve been facing issues with this setup that I’ve previously never seen whereby I will regularly open the app and my “Kitchen” setup of two play 1’s is not visible.

Sometimes it was visible on my iPad app but not on my android phone and sometimes not on either. Similarly the roam would “disappear”.

Most of the time the speakers would be visible in “my system” but the room was not visible.

Having been through numerous speaker resets I thought I had solved the problem when I turned off the Wi-Fi on the beam because it was Ethernet cabled. Of course I lost the surround speakers but the kitchen speakers seemed more stable. This weekend I set the Wi-Fi back on the beam, got my surround back and then…

Sonos update day and all my problems are back.

“Kitchen” speakers have disappeared. Tried unplugging and reconnecting but that didn‘t work,

Interesting to note that it thinks one of my play 1’s is black when they are all white.

have tried factory reset but that hasn’t worked

I don’t know if it’s an app issue android app got updated to 15.1.2 today, iOS still on 15.1.1 as are all the speakers. If so then that’s useless from Sonos, can’t lose a room just because the app updates aren’t synched.

have submitted two diagnostic files 1519336566 & 1084340816

any ideas gratefully received.

Just to finish off the finish setup from the systems tab doesn’t work either

The “contact Sonos support” option does nothing.

and just to emphasise that there’s something weird going on with the apps my phone (android) wants me to try and setup those speakers

My iPad won’t even admit they exists

There’s a lot of various potential reasons for this, including:

wifi interference 

Duplicate IP address issues
Mesh Networks that have distinct, rather than the same, subnet

Turning off the radio on the sound bar.

There’s not enough information in your posts to be sure about any particular one, so I’d recommend that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it, giving them those two diagnostic numbers that you posted.  Unfortunately, those of us who don’t work for Sonos and exist in this community forum don’t have access to that data, so we can’t provide more hard information for you. 

Might want to tell them, when you call in,  that the ‘Contact Sonos support’ option in the controller isn’t working for you, too. That’s a major fail, IMHO.