Skip to main content
Answered

Sound Around system & bluetooth connection

• 24 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi Eveyone, 

I have a setup consisting of a Sonos Beam, a Sub Mini, and an ERA 100. I just bought an additional ERA 100 to create a Sound Around system. Everything works correctly over Wi-Fi. However, when I try to connect one of the ERA 100 to my iPhone or Mac via Bluetooth, it's impossible.

Before setting up Sound Around, it was possible. I follow the procedure by holding down the Bluetooth button, but nothing happens, I cannot pair the ERA 100 with my laptop or phone. I repeated the operation with my other ERA 100, but it's also impossible. It seems impossible from now to connect a single ERA 100 via bluetooth. Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

When set up as surrounds, the Bluetooth and Line-In functions are disabled.  This is because the connection between the front device and surrounds is a one-way 5 GHz direct connection needed for low latency sync with the video, so the Bluetooth and Line-In cannot be sent out from the Era 100.

Thank you for the support ans quick response here.