Answered

Sonos Upgrade - speaker not available

• 24 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I’ve used the Sonos upgrade program a number of times - without issue.  I’ve found an old Play:5 (gen1) of mine which definitely has not had the upgrade voucher used - it’s been unused and unplugged for years.

I've downloaded the S1 app, specifically to create a new system for the Play:5 - logged in as my Sonos user.  The play:5 works fine and shows as a product on my ‘System’ on the Sonos website.  However, it doesn’t appear on the Upgrade list and interestingly, on the ‘system’ entry it displays - but where as all other eligible items state the upgrade status - this Play:5 doesn’t list this information at all.  

any ideas how what could be wrong? And how I can initiate the upgrade credit if it’s not shown?  

(I’ve tried the obvious - reinstalling the [s1] app, factory reset the play:5 etc…) 

thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 December 2023, 23:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

Are you the original owner of the Play 5 (Gen 1)? If so did you use a different Sonos email for registration at the time.

Badge +1

Thanks for the response - that’s a good shout.  I am the original owner/purchaser, however, a number of units were setup originally using my father’s account.  He lives overseas so I won’t be able to try adding it to a system with his account for a little while.  

Is that a stipulation of the upgrade programme - “it’s only the first registered account that can claim an upgrade?”

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’m only speculating, but might it take a few days for the device ownership and associated upgrade credit entitlement to propagate through the account? How long have you had it added to your system?

It’s likely worth calling Sonos sales to figure this out, too. 

I have exactly the same issue, did you get any answer to this yet?

I have exactly the same issue, did you get any answer to this yet?

Actually solved I think. I phoned sales instead of support, gave them the serial number and I have an upgrade code on the way.