Answered

sonos sub not working with 2 Fives

• 6 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey hey,

I just moved into my new apartment however when I connect my Sub to my 2 fives it wont work. I am seeing the sub in the app and it even reacts to the “show status lights” but no bass trough the sub, only sound from 1 side of the fives. I also factory reset all my speakers with no results. 

Both my fives do work in stereo mode. 

diagnostic: 217549706

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 April 2022, 10:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Try separating the two Fives as a stereo pair and unplugging the Fives and Sub from power for a couple of minutes. Then reboot your router. Swap the position of the two Fives then plug everything back in. Wait until all speakers are connected to the network, then create a stereo pair with the two Fives. Then add the Sub to the Fives and test again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Diegoo2000 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You’ve got your Sub in a separate room and grouped with your Fives.

Instead, you want to “bond” the Sub to the pair of Fives, so all 3 products are in one “room”.

In the Sonos app, select Settings » System » Studio » Add Sub and follow the on-screen prompts.

I hope this helps.

Beyond that good advice, there’s the possibility of ‘simple’ wifi interference causing the Sub to not latch on to the signal of the system.