Answered

Sonos sub not connecting

• 1 April 2023
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I have a Sonos Arc and Sub gen 3 which I've been using successfully for the past year or so.

I also have a Beam gen 2 which is newly purchased and today I'm setting it up for the first time.

I have moved house and want to set up my Beam with the Sub on a new network.

The Beam is connected and working...however the Sub simply will not connect/join the network with the Beam.

Ignore the Arc for now, as I am not using it currently.

I have tried everything, turning both the Beam and Sub off/on. Turning the router off. Using Ethernet cables. Hard resetting the sub.

The app has taken me through so many iterations of setup, but fails to connect.

I believe it is something to do with the old network (different house/different Internet network) of Sub/Arc not allowing the Sub to leave and join the new network. As some times during my trying of setup today its showing the Arc and sub and asking what products I want on the new network. Obviously j choose the sub, and every time I try to connect it just says that there is no Sub available.

I also managed at some point to connect the sub on its own, but then when trying to add another product (the Beam) that doesn't show up when searching for missing products or adding new products.

I just don't know what else to do at this point. Please can anyone provide support on this matter. Very frustrating after spending so much money on these products.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 April 2023, 13:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Rm91 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

As the Sub has been reset, it won’t remember anything about the previous router or setup.

It may help to temporarily connect the Beam to the router with an ethernet cable while the Sub is being set up. The cable can be removed once setup is complete.

It may also help to reboot the router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds.

If you still have trouble, however, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.